You have your new Polaroid Originals OneStep+, and you have your smartphone. Now you need them to communicate with one another. Here’s how:
- Download the Polaroid Originals app from the Apple App Store (here) or Google Play Store (here).
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Note that on Android devices, this will often also require you to turn on your GPS Location Services as well. This is a technical requirement for using Bluetooth LE.
- Ensure your camera is charged, turn the camera switch into the ON position, and firmly press the + (Plus) button on the front of the camera (located next to the lens).
- The + button should now blink with a blue light to indicate that Bluetooth is enabled.
- If the pairing doesn’t happen automatically, click the OneStep icon located at the top right of your smartphone screen. This will bring up a list of all nearby OneStep+ cameras. Simply tap on yours to enable pairing.
If the above steps do not allow you to connect, below are a list of tried and true troubleshooting techniques to get you on your way:
- Turn your camera off and on again (yes, really)
- Double-check your camera is charged
- Ensure your smartphone has Bluetooth connectivity turned on
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Polaroid Originals app